[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - Hap Ga "Wing-Flap" Technique - Wong Yan Lam

Hap Ga "Wing-Flap" Technique - Wong Yan Lam

Si Ji Haau, Lama Paai, Hap Ga, Baak Hok...

Re: Hap Ga "Wing-Flap" Technique - Wong Yan Lam

Postby crazedjustice888 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Martial Arts + Tokusatsu = Godditude
crazedjustice888

Postby Daifong » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Hello CJ 888,

I've been through here on and off myself a bit these days, so thanks for getting back to us, at any rate.

To my understanding, Hung Kyun's Sui Long Paau Chui, or "Wave Casting Punch", is named to evoke the buoyant, cyclic, and driving action of ocean waves, and has to do with moving the opponent's body-mass through the bridge.

To contrast it with the Pok Yik Sau/ "Wing Flap" technique, I learned two main variations of it. The first, as a fast snap such as you describe, similar to what a bird might do when startled, to keep another bird or animal at range.

The second way is executed with a full-arc, follow-through delivery. In Hung Kyun, this is a variant of Kau Chui, or "Clearing Strike". Lol, some might not call this a "Wing-Flap" at all, as I doubt we've seen a bird move quite like this!

:D
Daifong

Postby crazedjustice888 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:16 pm

I understand about the clearing strike. In my sifus hop gar we never stop the circle when we punch. Even if we use a straight strike it still flows in a circle so we never lose power, speed and momentum.

To give an example lets say I use the shooting stance and use a right straight punch (this actually happened the other day in a sparring match hahaha) and the guy dodges to the right then I just rip the arm back in a wide arc to the right side while also using this torc to pull my body and use the white crane stance to maximize on reach and power to come in with another strike. In the actual match it was a Sau Choy. So yeah, we use clearing hands with every single strike unless its a short hand. But even then we can still sometimes get it there too.

Hope this makes sense...
Martial Arts + Tokusatsu = Godditude
crazedjustice888

Previous

Return to Tibetan Martial Arts