[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - New Rising Crane videos.

New Rising Crane videos.

Si Ji Haau, Lama Paai, Hap Ga, Baak Hok...

New Rising Crane videos.

Postby Rising Crane » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:29 pm

Been doing some videos to promote my school locally, but thought I'd share some here:

Kung Fu Beginners class:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICpQ7er1RlI[/youtube]

Children's class:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2XDX_2cUZ8&feature=fvwk[/youtube]

Today we had an opening ceremony for our new MMA cage. We performed a lion dance and some sparring demonstrations:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg2YD1UIrfQ[/youtube]

If you like these, there are lots more on our Youtube Channel.

Happy year of the Rabbit to everybody!

David.
Rising Crane

Postby Frank Bolte » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:13 am

Great stuff David,Im a big fan of what you do!
Frank Bolte

Postby Daifong » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:58 am

That's a refreshing blend of both traditional and progressive...

Best of luck with everything, now, and in the years to come!

:D

Best,

Michael
Daifong

Postby PM » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:40 am

seems that all the lama paai/Hap Ga Davids (Chin, Ross, Rogers) are doing excellent! great footage, martial spirit, traditinal martial arts for 21st century! certainly example to follow! Wong Yanlam jou si has to be proud of you all guys.
Pavel Macek

PM

Postby Rising Crane » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks everybody for your kind words.:D
As far as the 'traditional' and 'progressive' stuff, my take is this:
In my Sifu's day, he would have battle tested all his stuff and taught what he had personally found to work for him. Later, the culture shifted to emphasizing health and performance. For me, not being a street fighter or living in an environment where I have to fight for real, I felt that my kung fu was missing something (Not from my teacher, but lacking from my own experience). Using MMA training methods, protective equipment and padded weapons enabled me to really discover for myself what works for me. Hundreds of rounds of hard, safe sparring enable the development of real combat skill without the injuries. Without this experience, having all of the traditional forms was like having 'zip files' on my computer, but not being able to 'unzip' them! :lol:
Rising Crane

Return to Tibetan Martial Arts