[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - little tranlsation help please?

little tranlsation help please?

(other styles of martial arts & everything else)

little tranlsation help please?

Postby shuen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:08 am

Hi,

can anyone translate for me what is written in this coin? PIC:

Uploaded with

I´m planning to buy something like this for my new born godchild, and i really would like to know what it says.

Thanx for the help
no rotor --> no motor
shuen

Re: little tranlsation help please?

Postby vtml » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:53 am

Left coin: Calm, Passionate, full of energy, mysterious, generous
Right coin: 12 horoscopes, date range of the scorpion horoscope
<a href="http://www.hongdelion.com.au" target="_blank">Hong De Lion Dance Association</a>
vtml

Postby Xiaobian » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:55 am

What's with 'water' on the reverse side, though? Is your god child's lucky element water?
其疾如風,其徐如林,侵略如火,不動如山,難知如陰,動如雷霆
Xiaobian

Postby shuen » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:54 am

Hi,

thanx for the help.
He is born end of 2011 so he is a metal rabbit. I guess the Water in the backside is because of the water-dragon in 2012...

so i guess it is not the right one

thanx again
no rotor --> no motor
shuen

Postby Xiaobian » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Well Chinese astrology is a bit complicated. Although one does get assigned an animal and an element in their birth year, that technically represents their ancestral sign; not their personal sign, which is determined by the day. Additionally, one's lucky element is usually determined by a fortune teller via a complicated algorithm that factors in the potentially weakest element in the person's life. In order to balance out one's elemental chart, the lucky element is the one that you need more of.

So... I wouldn't count it out just yet. It's really pretty anyway. I know a legit fortune teller, so if you tell me what your godchild's year, month, day, and time of birth are, I could find out for you exactly. Out of curiosity's sake, of course, because I have the resources; I don't actually buy into that stuff.
其疾如風,其徐如林,侵略如火,不動如山,難知如陰,動如雷霆
Xiaobian

Return to Off-Topic Discussion