[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - What grinds your gears???

What grinds your gears???

(other styles of martial arts & everything else)

Re: What grinds your gears???

Postby tokyojef » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:52 pm

answer to Daifong......
A) Quit immediately, find a proper teacher, grateful for the chance to learn correctly from the beginning.....

luckily i found the proper teacher from the get go...very lucky indeedy :wink: :D
:D Tokyojef
tokyojef

Postby PM » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:37 pm

more than you think, brother!
Pavel Macek

PM

Postby moonkey » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:52 pm

receiving this email...

No I really am rubbish...I can get to the end of a form but truthfully I havent got the salute right yet...all I am doing is a bunch of movements, occasionally I SEE the person in front of me when I do the form and things become clearer.

...from someone who likes to challenge anyone who disagrees with him knowing well that he is overseas and hides behind his studios doors. One would expect to him to be a master, but he is just a master of picking fights knowing nobody will waste their time on such a loser.
Last edited by moonkey on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Meet POPSJNR here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR-PZRnui7U - Benny Hill for the WIN!
moonkey

Postby santaranks » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:08 pm

What grinds my gears??!!
People who start trouble with another school by disrespecting their teacher,lineage,training etc on youtube-then on a forum like this act like they are blameless, for the trouble THEY have started.

They keep editing their post (see above) until it reaches the length of the world's most childish novel, and continue to disrespect this particular school (my teacher's) but without having the courage to name the school- yet they still try to act like they are as pure as the driven snow???

This forum supposedly doesnt allow people to engage in flame wars etc....so why is the above poster being allowed to get away with it???
santaranks

Postby Itinerant_Phenomenologist » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:21 am

For what it's worth, I agree with "santaranks" above. I think the conflicts that were occurring on this board were a huge step backwards regarding the environment of courteous discourse. On that same note, I think the long post by "moonkey", bringing in specific materials outside of the board that would reasonably hurt feelings and create conflict, is another step backwards.

I respectfully request that the long and inflammatory post by "moonkey" also be removed. Feel free to remove this post as well if you choose to remove "moonkey"s post as this one will be a complete non sequitur once that post is removed.

Cheers and have a good day.
If you can't hit hard, hit them where they're soft.

Be charitable when listening to people, but always ask questions.
Itinerant_Phenomenologist

Postby Daifong » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:37 am

Well, feeding trolls/ trying to have the last word in a no-win debate is obviously something that will degrade a forum...

Appealing to reason, asking for it to stop, or not saying anything while the admins do their job is an obvious improvement...

So I don't seem I'm coming with more problems than solutions, I have a third recommendation:

What about just "changing the subject"?

That's right, rather than letting the whole forum go to pot, just sitting there simply "waiting for the other shoe to drop", why not weigh in on any OTHER positive topic of your choice?

Sifu Pavel Macek has gone to no small trouble to revamp this forum into something that everybody can enjoy, but nobody sensible is going to like a forum if the first topic that they click on is going to be some "spitwad-and-peashooter" affair, am I not correct?

Seriously. Next time you see a topic that you do not like, just change the subject. Pick any three threads to briefly comment on, and just bury that offending topic deep. After a while, both trolls and admins will get the message, we'll all be back on track with interesting presentations/ meaningful debates, and this will continue to be a forum worth looking forward to!

:wink: :D

Best,

Michael

PS: For an excellent example of "interesting" and "meaningful", I recommend taking a look at the articles Sifu Macek has written and posted, right here on the home page of your very own Naamkyun forum!

:D :D :D
Daifong

Postby RHD » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:53 am

What grinds my gears is when CMA folks say things like "we cover all ranges" and "we practice a complete art". and then belittle a lesser (pfft) sport environment but can't compete or even survive in it. It's really damn funny to me. Some of you know exactly what I mean, but won't admit it too.

That, and the lineage ego silliness.
"Because I learned from so and so I know more and better than you. So kiss my ass.". No documentable backup to any implied skill or success mind you... :roll:
RHD

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Discussion