Jow Ga US History

aka Hung Tau Choi Mei

Re: Jow Ga US History

Postby dc_jowga » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:20 am

thanks brother I trying to hold on to some of my skill. i am paying for it because i spent most of the last 15 years in the filipino martial arts industry and got out of touch with the CMA folks, so when i started my jow ga class a few years ago some in my town didn't even believe that i was qualified to teach kung fu. fortunately i practiced my forms in my own personal work outs and have retained some of it. i have taught kung fu the whole time i've been here in CA privately until 07 when i started the actual jow ga program at my school. still, most of the people who come to me come for FMAs but as the students get out, our reputation as a kung fu school is building.

thanks for the offer too, i would be honored to have something from the old school in my school! i'll make sure to look you up when i get back. I will be there in May or June, btw.

re-johnnie come latelies to JG leadership... I understand. I don't know much about that topic because I haven't been around much. there are only a handful of people I do keep in touch with, and none of us are actively in the local (DC) martial arts scene except raymond and even he's limited. I do talk to Rahim regularly but we rarely speak about JG business also. I admire the program he's got and we mostly talk about mine or his ideas for our own schools. I'd like to get back to the far east, and every year I tell myself I'll go to hong kong. my mother goes every year, sometimes twice a year, so maybe on the next go-round I'll be with her.

one of these days I will make the trip out to the bay to see the three jow ga schools near me. takes me forever to finish my list, but that's one, to visit them.
dc_jowga

Postby Tailik » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:31 am

Troy Jow Ga Ging my brother, thanks for posting this thread. it's focus on U.S. Jow Ga shows how the U.S. became part of a much larger family outside the U.S. which is only a small portion of Jow Ga world wide!
www.jowtigers.com
http://www.facebook.com/jowga1
Wuih Jeuih Tunhg Muhn Tuei Dunhg Chyun Tung Jau Ga Gung Fu!
匯聚同門推動傳統周家功夫
JOW BROTHERS JOIN TOGETHER TO PROMOTE JOW GA KUNG FU!
Tailik

Postby Tailik » Thu May 03, 2012 2:40 am

Sifu Dean Chin on school's altar

www.jowtigers.com
匯聚同門推動傳統周家功夫
Tailik

Postby Tailik » Tue May 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Hey my brother Jow Ga Ging thanks for posting this thread. I know that you had the privileged of gaining information from a lot former student, who were actually there in the beginning. It was also to hear Sifu Edward's knowledge since he started out in jow ga in themid 70's before moving onto Eagle Claw.
www.jowtigers.com
匯聚同門推動傳統周家功夫
Tailik

Postby JowgaGing » Tue May 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Big Brother,

Absolutely, we have over 43 years of rich history here in the US, and I always enjoy hearing POSITIVE stories of our past.
I invite anyone to add their experiences as well any POSITIVE knowledge of our history to this thread.

Yat Ga
JowGa Ging
JowgaGing

Postby Tailik » Tue May 15, 2012 11:49 pm

:) :) :) :) :) :) :wink:
www.jowtigers.com
匯聚同門推動傳統周家功夫
Tailik

Previous

Return to Jau Ga Kyun