[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - new video

new video

"Old" Hung Kyun and "New" (Wong Feihung) Hung Kyun

new video

Postby TenTigers » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:40 am

Sifu David Rogers and I just put this video up. Tell me your thoughts. I will be putting up more.
'My Gung-Fu is MY Gung-Fu. It may not be YOUR Gung-Fu"
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Re: new video

Postby SifuYui » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:36 am

Nice video Rik. Its always good to see a technique done in slow motion to break it down, and then in fast, real time mode, to see it in action.

Thanks for posting it.

Yui
SifuYui

Postby PM » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:56 am

Guys, well... Slap, strike, ok.

Joint lock is not gonna work

jab = 1 (fastest hand strike, in and out)

vs.

slap = 1
trap = 2
strike = 3
lock = 4

I guess you put it on purpose, there is part 2 to it, right?
Pavel Macek

PM

Postby TenTigers » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:03 am

yes Pavel-there will be follow ups-
Sifu Rogers' hand was staying out there so those in the cheap seats could see :wink:
I will be showing how it DOES work on the quick jab,(hint: the elbow/upper arm moves alot less, and alot slower than the hand) including the lock (which contains an elbow strike)
I will aso demonstrate how it works wearing MMA gloves and Boxing gloves
But, till then, play with it and you may find it first!
When techniques don't work, sometimes it's only because you didn't know how to make them work.
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Postby SifuYui » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:39 am

I also believe that if you can lop sau immediately following the pak sau, you can control their elbow area for that split second (assuming you're advancing your body and energy forward as you lop/pak sau) as you enter their space and gwa choy their face. We've all played with trying to catch someone's jab with a pak sau. Sometimes we catch it, sometimes we don't. A lot depends on where we are skill wise, distance wise, angle wise, blah blah blah. But it can be done. And once that gwa choy connects with their face and stuns them, then I don't see why a joint lock can't be applied...
SifuYui

Postby TenTigers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:45 am

well, no matter how fast your jab is, your elbow, upper arm,shoulder don't move nearly as much. You can surely miss the jab, but you can catch the elbow.
We've all put the gloves on and banged. Well, most of us here at least. Give us a little credit, ferchrissakes!
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Postby Xiaobian » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:17 am

One presumes that if you are fast enough to place all four movements, that the other person ought to be just as fast with their 1 movement. As long as that back hand is there ready for the opponent's cross, and is ready to change up the technique to deal with it, it should be okay. Whatever the actual techniques used, the goal of the movements ought to be to get inside the other person's guard and follow it back to them. In this case, armpit/shoulder/chest/neck/opposite shoulder. I can easily see that rear hand moving straight into leading the horse into stable instead of a lock.

Am I far off?

NB Personally, I'd rather my rear hand be on the inside of the opponents lead arm so that I have a handle on the lead arm OR a direct path to attack the opponent's back hand. Also so that I cannot be pinned by my own arm should the opponent prove capable with that lead arm.
其疾如風,其徐如林,侵略如火,不動如山,難知如陰,動如雷霆
Xiaobian

Postby Daifong » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 am

Ok, cool, so, compare to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDLXYOcOcc

I'd have expected something, well, somewhat..."different"...from you guys!!!

:wink: :D
Daifong

Postby TenTigers » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:36 am

Daifong-as my Sifu used to say,"It's all the same s***."
I was looking at his limb destructions, and we do the exact same things in SPM. I was taught it very similar in Bak Mei, and Hung Kuen. Sayoc kali, Pekita Tirsia, etc same-same.
Nothing new under the sun.
Just sharing and exchanging with y'all. Don't make it any more than it is.
Then again, after seeing some of the amazing applications from some highly revered Masters and their descendants, this stuff is probably a real eye-opener.... :roll:
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Postby ironpalm » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:45 pm

ironpalm

Postby Daifong » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:53 am

Daifong

Postby TenTigers » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:45 am

wow, that was awesome! :D
that would've taken me some time to put that together, heck, it would take me a week just to unpack my JKD books, dust'em off... but I get it, and as you proved, "it's all the same s***." Terminology is the only thing that separates us, for the most part.
As my esteemed colleague Sifu Rogers sez," US and UK are two countries separated by a common language."
Probably goes likewise for most Southern Martial Arts.
I also believe as you, that there is definitely a Bruce Lee SPM connection. I see a great deal of SPMisms in JKD.
So..you can definitely say that much of my stuff can certainly be described as, "Textbook JKD," because I strive for the most economical, straightforward, effective applications of my art.
So I take that as a compliment, whether you meant it as such or not.
So..as soon as I figure out how to film and put it on youtube..or find one of my teenage students to do it for me..
I'll post more stuff.
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Postby Daifong » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:30 am

Daifong

Postby Daifong » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:24 am

Daifong

Postby RHD » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:25 am

I actually enjoyed this. Damn the torpedos!
:twisted:
RHD

Return to Hung Ga Kyun