[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - Wong Feihung's role in creating the "New Hung"

Wong Feihung's role in creating the "New Hung"

"Old" Hung Kyun and "New" (Wong Feihung) Hung Kyun

Re: Wong Feihung's role in creating the "New Hung"

Postby Hong Quan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Hi justin.... I think you will find my book extremely interesting... I have researched this matter for over 20 years and I did offer Evert a couple of years ago access to my discoveries, but as you know, if you don't agree with his point of view, you get kicked out.. Hence he kicked me from our family forum.... I was very close to Jeff, as he was to LNS and I recorded everything from the age of 15.... Just read and digest my book, because it is really what I believe to be true based on research and what is known... Plus interviews with Jeff and what Chan Kam Shu told us etc... I just want the real story told with no bullshit.... I only joined here to put a small taster out before publishing, just to see if people were open minded and interested... The book has already been through peer review and copies sent to eminent martial artists, who all said publish.... I just hope Justin that you can see that my wish is to honour LNS by telling the truth about his lineage..... No doubt I will leave this forum soon, as I don't wish to bicker with people... Peace justin and I hope that you truly enjoy it .. :D
Hong Quan

Postby JE » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Dave. I am definitely looking forward to receiving the book and will dive into it with as open of a mind as I can. Although I am aware of much of our family's history as I stated above I am not an historian so I am looking forward to reading about your experiences and research. I understand you wish to honor the lineage of Sizou Lai and respect that. Thank you. As with much of martial history I am not personally convinced we can ever find the absolute truth because so much was lost over the centuries. However I have no doubt there is still much out there to discover and hope your book contains some new information for me. I will post my thoughts on the text on this forum so please don't leave as I'm sure others will also have questions. Most of the communication here is polite so although some may challenge your statements I don't think you'll get much bickering.

Peace,
Justin
JE

Postby PM » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 am

Pavel Macek

PM

Postby Hong Quan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:47 am

Pavel, you seemed very positive at the beginning of the thread and as time is going by you are gradually getting very sensitive and upset, it seems to me !!!... You also stated that Justin is the scholar and historian and Justin (fair play to him) explained that he is not an historian, so again you are wrong.
The book is written and it was passed to people within the Hung and other disciplines.plus my friend who is already a published martial arts historian.. The thing is Pavel, is your expertise is from WFH/LSW on down and your knowledge is lacking before this time. If you read the book, (before assuming it is all nonsense) you will possibly learn something. I am leaving the forum, because as always on things like this, it becomes ego related and argumentative and I am far to busy than to waste my time with petty squabbling. People with an inqusistive and open mind will (I'm sure), find a lot of interest in the book and also people withing LNS's lineage itself... Take care everyone and Justin my E-Mail is in the book, so feel free to contact me via that if you wish to talk... Peace Dave :D
Hong Quan

Postby Hong Quan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:08 am

Can't find the leave forum button or link.... But I won't be back. I have done my job regarding our lineage and now it is up to the world to read it and to corroborate my findings with their own research. Like I say in my book, I hope people discover new details, that will only make the knowledge stronger. Just don't be quick to dismiss it when you haven't even read it yet.... :)
Hong Quan

Postby PM » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Pavel Macek

PM

Postby shuen » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:36 pm

HI,

i showed this trhead to my Sifu, and because he is intersted in different leneages too, he bought the book (despite of the review of JE). He read it, and was kind enough to gave it to me to read. soo...

before i read the book I thought maybe JE was to hard in his review and he has a much higher mesure then i would have. well i have to say he was absolutly right. it is very hard to read and to knwo what the writer wants to say. the style is more then problematic, etc. so JE was absolutly right.

I just really wanted to know who he is referring to as "Video Sifu". JE do you know that?
no rotor --> no motor
shuen

Postby JE » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Shuen,

He is referring to my Sifu Evert be Meulen who is Sigung Hasbrouck's first student and recorded the entire curriculum at his teachers request. To be clear though, Evert never learned a single form from a video, he just recorded them for archival purposes. There are a few people who have copies of this footage. Mr. Smith is apparently one of those people.

JE
JE

Postby shuen » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:14 pm

thanx for the info.
no rotor --> no motor
shuen

Previous

Return to Hung Ga Kyun