[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - Your Vote Needed! Politics or...?

Your Vote Needed! Politics or...?

"Old" Hung Kyun and "New" (Wong Feihung) Hung Kyun

Re: Your Vote Needed! Politics or...?

Postby Yogicmotion » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:03 pm

Here, here Pavel. Well said.
Yogicmotion

Postby Franc » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:11 am

Humility, Patience, and Kindness.. agree to disagree with dignity and honor... count me in.
Franc
Franc

Postby laukarfei » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:03 am

reality means flaw and those unwilling to accept the drawbacks of any medium will do as they so choose, whether that be to stay or leave, or something else.

from my personal experience in chinese arts is there is more back talking(2 faced), drama and unstable personalities then any other martial art ive practiced or, martial artist ive practiced with. ive trained hard in alot of styles with alot of guys, but the truth is these styles(chinese) inparticular do have alot of good to offer, but are being degenerated by people who are unworthy in many ways.

me being one of them, in the past most assuredly in the present, it doesnt help that id like to rip apart some former acquaintances just to prove a point, but again there's flaw and im only human.

i think as positive is possible is always best, but if this world wasnt flawed there would be no martial art, there would be no forum or need thereof to anything similar, so a little of this and a little of that is healthy at times, degenerate, abusive and blatant denial of truth though are intolerable, otherwise let it be.
laukarfei

Postby Bamboo » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:19 pm

I'm definitely with you , PM. The tone of this forum has taken a turn for the worse recently. Physical threats, bullying and insults should not be tolerated. Share, discuss, and debate - absolutely...but at the end of the day, respect & live and let live. Thanks for your hard work.
Bamboo

Postby TenTigers » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:47 pm

"I'm definitely with you , PM. The tone of this forum has taken a turn for the worse recently. Physical threats, bullying and insults should not be tolerated."
Really?* I must've been reading the wrong posts, or skimming over stuff. I completely missed that.
I always came here, and referred it to others specifically because it was free from the drama.
Well, I'm glad that everyone's on the same page and working toward the greater good.

*"really?" in a serious tone, not that sarcastic,"Really? REALLY???" tone. :)
'My Gung-Fu is MY Gung-Fu. It may not be YOUR Gung-Fu"
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Postby Xiaobian » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:06 am

其疾如風,其徐如林,侵略如火,不動如山,難知如陰,動如雷霆
Xiaobian

Postby Daifong » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:39 am

Daifong

Postby TenTigers » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:13 pm

no, need, bro. I got nosey and found it....won't even comment.
Just glad we're cleaning house and everyone is on the same page.
'My Gung-Fu is MY Gung-Fu. It may not be YOUR Gung-Fu"
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Postby water_tigress » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Thx for posing some questions to get all of us thinking, Pavel.

I was raised in the tradition of 'if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all.' And when it comes to our international martial family, there are some folks who need to think about 'humility, diligence, kindness, patience, and loyalty' before engaging mouths and fingers on key pads. That might sound harsh but I had to drill this very concept into one of my young students just the other day after I caught him talking trash about Shotokan Karate style, something that I absolutely will not tolerate.

I'm in. Now, where's the beer everyone is talking about?
"peace through struggle"
water_tigress

Postby YHGSKF » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Friendship through sharing and learning.
Tit Ma Tit Kiu Chin Gan Choh
YHGSKF

Postby LGH » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:24 am

I am in as well. I am here to read, enjoy, and learn about our great art and the arts of others. If everyone is as truthful as they have been taught then we will learn a lot about one another. We all know that even the same system has many intrepretations and seemingly conflicting theories...it is nice to know to open our minds to the new and see what each have to say on topics. Don;t hold back in fear that someone might think it wrong...tell it the way that you believe it to be.
LGH

Postby RHD » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:25 am

I'm all in, but anticipate a rapid banning. Mostly because I disagree with most of you publically (but not privately), most of the time.

Here's my stance:
1-you've all been sadly mislead.
2-most of you have no documented record to dispute my points.
3-none of you will/can represent yourselves publically on a level that will show the world otherwise, nor has produced student/fighter that could in the previous/next 5 years.
4-most of you will fall back on baloney reality vs. sport arguments, or stories of undocumented events to back up your passionate opinions on my 1-3 stances without real experience.
5-Hung Ga/Gar/Kuen/Kyun/Khyuen/Quen has real world applicable use in self defense and fighting despite traditional dogma. (Pay attention to this one.)
6-pointless arguements on spelling, semantics, concepts, and terminology will ensue.
7-CMA's are dead,i.e. not growing or evolving to fit current situations.
8-you all have your fragile ego's tied up in this crap.
RHD

Postby Daifong » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:33 am

Daifong

Postby RHD » Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 am

My old friend, where have I been? Training 3-5 days per week with some very colorful characters. Some of whom I gave assurances that I would let sleeping dogs lie, and others who couldn't care less.

To have come up with this...
Honestly, it's nothing I came up with. Rather, it's the culmination of several years worth of blood and sweat. In other circles, it's common opinion if not as eloquently expressed.

I really did enjoy some of these discusstions in the past. I still have a deep love and appreciation for the Chinese martial arts training I've had (whether you or anyone else agree on its validity.) I owe a great deal of grattitude towards some dear friends that took the time to share some amazing friendship, instruction, and brotherhood with me. I hope some day to return that.

While not actively training in naam kyuhn/Southern whatever, I use many things learned from it in my currnent martial pursuits. It's been fruitful.

After posting here, I was contacted by several friends. Some were concerned. Some were entertained. Others I've yet to get back to. I told some of them I'd not make posts on this forum and I hope they forgive me for my indulgences. Regardless, good discussion is a healthy pursuit and if anyone feelsi it would be worthwhile to engage me in that, well...for now...I'm game. Until it turns nasty and personal, as it usually does.
RHD

Postby Daifong » Thu May 03, 2012 2:39 pm

Lol, I don't care for everything that is discussed on this, or any other forum for that matter. But, like you say, there are definitely friends to be made, as well as insight and information just waiting to be exchanged.

Anyway, thank you for your "mission statement". Please note, this thread, "Politics or...?" was not created because our members wish to be agreed with all the time, but for other reasons that can be found with a quick look at which topics are locked, which I am quite sure that someone as sensible as yourself would not have the slightest interest in.

So, to play "Devil's Advocate" here, I'm glad to see you checking in. Otherwise, how could we ever possibly help you?

;-)

Best,

Michael

:D :D :D
Daifong

PreviousNext

Return to Hung Ga Kyun