[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - Your Vote Needed! Politics or...?

Your Vote Needed! Politics or...?

"Old" Hung Kyun and "New" (Wong Feihung) Hung Kyun

Re: Your Vote Needed! Politics or...?

Postby TenTigers » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

I'm all in-except for the part Daifong said about not degrading the image of Martial Arts....
I would have nothing to contribute in that case...
'My Gung-Fu is MY Gung-Fu. It may not be YOUR Gung-Fu"
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Postby AMALDA » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:55 pm

Count on me, Politics create chaos not unity.
Arizona Martial Arts Lion Dance Association
AMALDA

Postby Subitai » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm in....but not without saying something 1st.
Here we go: People and especially Martial Artists are Human. In that vain, mistakes and ego tripping will happen.

I've committed my own share of them and I wholeheartedly would like to apologize to almost all persons save for ONE person. (Who btw, had never been decently respectful or sincerely apologetic to myself in return) I can forgive him as my Christian beliefs mandate but my caution of him will not allow me to forget.

This is a great site and PM could be given an award for his wonderfull intensions. But I also know that Buddy-buddy, Kissy- Kissy all the time, with nobody going off on a wild tangent is NOT sustainable either.

To Geek OUT for a moment, The perfectly friendly forum is like the MATRIX...when they tried to make a perfect Utopia, it didn't work.

I believe that sooner or later, we all have to have our Mark Ho moments. Other wise it gets boring.

And PS. I only bring his name up Jokingly once and while because I Loath him, Like him and Fear him at same time. Ahhhh, if that's not family, than I don't know what is.

:P :P :P
Subitai

Postby JE » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:20 am

I was once told by a very wise man that I would find the truth in there. He also said that an even deeper truth could be found in the combination of ramen with the beer...
JE

Postby SifuYui » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:26 am

I'm with you Pavel. You've put in a lot of work in creating/maintaing this site, so you have the right to ban people who do not further your vision of sharing kung fu knowledge in a friendly manner, but rather troll and de-rail discussions. If they don't like it, they can create their own forum for trolls.

Yui
SifuYui

Postby PM » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:09 am

thank you guys for your comments and support - all the brothers form Dang Fung, Lam, Chiu, Chan and other families!

one forum was already closed years ago because of stupid political bullsh*t flamewars and gangsta-wanna-be behaviour. it is NOT going to happen to this forum.
Pavel Macek

PM

Postby Fan Kwoen » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:39 am

Cheers to that.

forumimage.jpg
forumimage.jpg (10.42 KiB) Viewed 13594 times
Fan Kwoen

Postby Kriya » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:58 am

Go on like this, PM!
the virtual space you have created is truly a "precious land", where people can express themselves with grace, kindness and respect for others, without feeling offended by what they think or have learned in their respective families of origin; learning from All and having never claim to teach anyone.
with humility, respect and pride of the received tradition

Damiano
Kriya

Postby PM » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:13 am

Fan Kwoen - excellent!

Kriya - thank you!
Pavel Macek

PM

Postby Rising Crane » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:56 pm

I support this forum 100%
It is a new thing- such sharing of knowledge and openness and it is the way we will grow and our arts will continue to evolve and be relevant into the 21st Century. I am like Pavel, in that I constantly question, research and evolve my martial art.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.” Bertrand Russell

Keep up the good work, Pavel, freedom of speech is paramount, as long as people continue to do so in the spirit of Mo Duk. Nobody should be banned for having their own opinion- but bullying is another matter. I got into martial arts because I cant stand bullies, and I still cant :evil:
Rising Crane

Postby inthebakyard » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:25 pm

My teacher would always make any political(kung fu or any other) type debate turn into training... got time and energy to talk... Lets see your forms.. now please.(it s was a "request" in wording only) I love what this forum does and I am really starting to gain a strong respect for most of its regular posters. We are one family... I AM IN.

Where is that beer? :mrgreen:
Meditation brings wisdom, lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what brings you forward and what holds you back.
inthebakyard

Postby ironpalm » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:26 pm

For the tone of the forum, I enjoy seeing spirited discussion (less boring). If we all agreed on everything, there would be no need for debate, no need for discussion. Of course, that is not the real world. I enjoy being challenged to rethink what I think I know... Being emotional and spirited is fine as long as each party can come back to the reality that we are sharing/offering what we know and that it is not personal (hopefully understood). Being able to accept that someone disagrees with you goes a long way towards understanding. As for personal attacks, it accomplishes nothing.

I definitely support the forum as you envision Pavel. Love reading the discussions here. Nice work to keep it going. Thanks! (which is probably overdue).
ironpalm

Postby RedMamba » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Your positive intentions are indeed admirable, but, at the risk of being like the guy who farted at the table, I think it is important to point out that, as Aristotle put it, “man is by nature a political animal”. So, while the aim of friendly discussions is perfectly worthy, it is inevitable, as we have seen time and again, that politics will rear its head. This is no bad thing, and not particularly surprising considering the deeply political roots of Hung Gar.

In fact, in the internet age, it is almost a duty to be fiercely true to our roots, and to defend them at all costs. Many people now will take their first Hung Gar steps online, tapping into the vast pool of information out there before deciding how to proceed with their training. The abundance of shared knowledge is a good thing, but there is a dark side to it. One of the curses of the internet is that nonsense spreads on it like a virus and all too easily mutates, through unquestioning cut-and-paste repetition, into something widely considered to be the “truth”.

Such mutations of the truth are a direct threat to the future of our art; if they take hold, they turn it into a dance, a spectacle, a joke, something that is not Hung Gar at all. And this is why robust debate is important: however unedifying it might occasionally look to the “peace and love” brothers, it has a way of flushing out the poison, ultimately helping to keep Hung Gar alive. It would be so much easier to be old school and let our bridges do the talking, but this is not the world we live in, particularly online. Here, debate is everything. Do not fear it; embrace it.
RedMamba

Postby PM » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:58 pm

Pavel Macek

PM

PreviousNext

Return to Hung Ga Kyun