Breaking Bottom Coconut of Three in net bag

Jau Ga Tong Long, Jyu Ga Tong Long, Gwong Sai Juk Lam, Iron Fox...

Breaking Bottom Coconut of Three in net bag

Postby Hanover South Mantis » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:53 pm

I attended the first Annual Martial Arts Heritage Festival put on by Boston Ultimate Fitness/Nam Pai Academy run by Shifu Donald Wong, Shifu Larry Wong and Shifu Kenneth Dong.

Hung Gar Boston opened the ceremonies with their incredible Lion Dancers.

The event honored was to have Kayla Harrison as special guest along with her Judo Coach Jimmy Pedro Sr. Kayla is an incredibe human being and one of the nicest people I have met. Her training is for real on the mat and off and it shows.

We saw demos from all manner of martial art systems. We have Wah Lum represented by Shifu Bob Rosen and the Malden Wah Lum students. The performances were most excellent!

Wu Dang Martial Arts was represented by Shifu Xuan Yun Zhou and his students. Taiji, Xingyi and sword were shown.

Wing Chun was presented by Shifu Stanley Jue and his students. Shifu Jue handled his students with ease using his Pin Sun Wing Chun concepts on them.

Inonesian arts were shown, Fut Gar, Hung Gar, etc.

The attached photo was my Iron Palm breaking demonstration. I had three coconuts in a net bag that I purchased at my local BJ's store. I kept the coconuts in the bag and broke only the bottom coconut.

This was my first ever attempt at this kind of break, and I had no idea if I could pull it off, or one of the coconuts in the three would shift over from the pressure of the strike.

As you can see, I hit the stack of three and exploded the bottom one.

I got drenched with coconut milk as you can see.

Great night, with great people, and friends! I got to see my senior student Charlie Pasquariello perform a most excellent Baguazhang elbow knife presentation. Circles and blades are hypnotic to watch.

My friends Bill Lewitt, Par Scott, Vitaly Pirotsky were in attendance along with Sensei Tony Annesi, A well known Japanese Koryu teacher.

I look forward to the next event.
Dale Dugas MAOM Dipl.OM Lic.Ac.
Acpuncture&Herbal Medicine
South Mantis Kung Fu
www.daledugas.com
Hanover South Mantis

Re: Breaking Bottom Coconut of Three in net bag

Postby Daifong » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 am

You sure got our attention here with that!

Thank you for the splendid report!

:D

Best,

Michael
Daifong

Return to Southern Mantis