[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - Mui Fah questions?

Mui Fah questions?

Si Ji Haau, Lama Paai, Hap Ga, Baak Hok...

Re: Mui Fah questions?

Postby TenTigers » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:55 am

as stated, most are familiar with the number five dice pattern. I have heard there are others, seven star patterns, or more complex versions of the standard. could Chin-Sifu elaborate on these?
'My Gung-Fu is MY Gung-Fu. It may not be YOUR Gung-Fu"
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Postby Daifong » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Lol, this is starting to remind me of the game, "20 Questions":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty_Questions

:D
Daifong

Postby crazedjustice888 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:18 am

Sorry for the late reply. The only one my sifu brought up was a 13 pattern set but then moved on. Hes very old school hahahaha
Martial Arts + Tokusatsu = Godditude
crazedjustice888

Postby Daifong » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:57 am

Nobody could blame your Sifu for not quite wanting to post ALL the details of his valued research, so that others could then pretend they already knew it...

Haa!!!

;) :lol:
Daifong

Postby crazedjustice888 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:48 pm

Hahaha you are correct. Apparently this happens all the time. That's why I try to only post my personal opinions or try my hardest to directly quote him. He has apparently had a LOT of students that have done that to him over the years.
crazedjustice888

Postby ngokfei » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:59 am

What little I know about Hop Ga Jong Training came from my time with Sifu Chan Wai Gong one of the NYC teachers who came from Toisan along with other notables like Chan Tai San and Tom Jan. He was mainly teaching Tai Chi but shared some of his other styles ie: CLF, Hop Ga, Hung Kuen etc.

Distances between post varied based on the pattern being trained. He said that Hop Ga was a blended style of both Tibetan and Chinese Styles so they trained both wide and narrow footwork.

He demonstrated the 5 star pattern aka: No. 5 dice , using a "1' square tile" floor. (3 tiles wide by 5 tiles long) This was one of the narrow footwork. All you had to do was add additional grids to this set up to be able to do partner training.

Sifu Chan also mentioned 3 other patterns: Lohan Lantern Walk(? don't remember the exact name) along with a 7 Star and a Bagua. the Lohan one he said was mostly linear and was for speed and balance. the other 2 he didn't specify beyond that they take up alot of room because of jumping and the posts vary in height, and size.

thats all I remember - don't know if I wrote down more but those notes are burried somewhere!!!!!!!! :lol:
Eric Hargrove
Ngokfei@juno.com
www.orientalsignboards.20m.com

Facebook:
Oriental Signboards Work Shop
ngokfei

Postby ngokfei » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:03 am

Eric Hargrove
Ngokfei@juno.com

Facebook:
ngokfei

Postby crazedjustice888 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:50 am

That's my sihing Rick on the posts...WHAT A BEAST and that's some pretty cool info. I'll run that by my Sifu.
crazedjustice888

Postby ngokfei » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:25 am

Eric Hargrove
Ngokfei@juno.com

Facebook:
ngokfei

Previous

Return to Tibetan Martial Arts