[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - Mui Fah questions?

Mui Fah questions?

Si Ji Haau, Lama Paai, Hap Ga, Baak Hok...

Mui Fah questions?

Postby crazedjustice888 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm gonna post this here since no one is seeing it in the off topic area. My sifu has seen how people have been asking questions about the mui fah jeong and he is willing to answer some of them. So if you have any questions relating to them please post them here and I will get them to my sifu David Chin.
Martial Arts + Tokusatsu = Godditude
crazedjustice888

Re: Mui Fah questions?

Postby PM » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:02 pm

hey, why not no write a short article? i am sure ppl will love it (i certainly would"), and will not get lost in the forum! i can set up a contributor account for you.
Pavel Macek

PM

Postby Asmo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:30 pm

Yes that would be very cool.
Asmo

Postby crazedjustice888 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Hahaha as lovely as that would be, I'm not good enough to do that. My Sifu is a very secretive man but every now and then he will answer some questions, so that's what is going on now. I am not that educated on the mui fah since I am still only on the first level of training associated with it. Sorry guys, but again, any questions and I will take it to him.
crazedjustice888

Postby Daifong » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:27 pm

Daifong

Postby Asmo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:23 pm

And another, I wonder if the distance between posts should be different for different practicioners. The setups I have seen always seem fixed and impossible to change. But would that not be a problem for people with very long, or very short, legs?

Thanks!
Asmo

Postby PM » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:50 am

What is the mani aim, benefit and practical application of Mui Fa Jong training?
Pavel Macek

PM

Postby crazedjustice888 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:14 am

crazedjustice888

Postby crazedjustice888 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:16 am

crazedjustice888

Postby crazedjustice888 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:18 am

crazedjustice888

Postby Xiaobian » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 am

其疾如風,其徐如林,侵略如火,不動如山,難知如陰,動如雷霆
Xiaobian

Postby PM » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 am

Pavel Macek

PM

Postby Asmo » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks cj888!

The diameter could indeed fix this 'problem', but I also see if it is too wide it defeats the purpose. If your sifu could comment on that, would be great!
Asmo

Postby crazedjustice888 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:07 pm

PM: hahaha I understand. This is a skill that he has only passed onto two or three people other than myself so he isn't very quick to discuss it. But as far as usage of them goes, in a very shallow sense they are designed to help the footwork e able to benefit the long arms without being right in front of people and being wide open. Obviously there is more but that is one of the reasons.

Asmo: you are right in that the diameter cannot be too wide or it will feel like the ground as opposed to the posts. It forces you to become aware. All these people who do there version of mui fah just a foot or two off the ground aren't going to get nearly the same benefits from them as would people who practice them higher.
crazedjustice888

Postby Daifong » Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Daifong

Next

Return to Tibetan Martial Arts