[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - Hop Ga?

Hop Ga?

Si Ji Haau, Lama Paai, Hap Ga, Baak Hok...

Hop Ga?

Postby crazedjustice888 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:15 pm

I might be forced to leave Hung Gar thanks to the distance and money is becoming less and less available for gas. If I have to leave, then I have found (thanks to this board) David Chin, who is known for his Hop Ga. I am wondering what is everyones thoughts on this style because it is only a 30 minute drive instead of a 2 1/2 hour drive. I just can't find that much info on it. Also, what similarities does it share with Hung Gar?

Thanks guys
Martial Arts + Tokusatsu = Godditude
crazedjustice888

Postby Asmo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:57 pm

Can't keep training on your own and then visit your sifu every once in a while? It'll suck if you have to switch! Just starting to understand one style, then have to start again from scratch in another...

That said, there is some cross over, the long hands section in fu hok is said to come from hop ga (or whatever its called, lama origin one way or the other).
Asmo

Postby Xiaobian » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:54 pm

You can leave hung ga, but hung ga will never leave you! :)
其疾如風,其徐如林,侵略如火,不動如山,難知如陰,動如雷霆
Xiaobian

Postby laukarfei » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:49 pm

hop gar or lions roar whatever is a cool style, it shares alot of similarities with southern styles because its popular in the southern china. i dont see much about it that makes it particularly unique as a "tibetan" style but whatever who cares

and who cares about leaving a teacher if you cant do it dont, sad sure but move on thats life, you paid him he taught, thats good enough, maybe this next teacher will be better for you personally maybe not, youll still get a different perspective and maybe youll have more fun and progress faster with your abilitys
laukarfei

Postby PM » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:53 pm

Daid Chin sifu is a top notch master, go ahead and tell us later how does the training go!
Pavel Macek

PM

Postby crazedjustice888 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:11 am

Basically it comes down to this, I will try to keep going to Hung Gar, but my next semester at college is going to involve at least 3 more classes and the 30 minute drive as opposed to the 2 1/2 hour drive looks a little more appetizing...lol So I am just having to go over the + and - of the situation.

Keep sharing your opinions on Hop Ga, any and all info is helpful guys.
crazedjustice888

Postby jow yeroc » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:32 pm

I love Sifu David Chin!! He is a great teacher and person. He's good friends with my sifu so i've had the pleasure of being around him alot. We have even cross trained/sparred with his school a few times and i learned some chi gung from him that he taught to our school.
He produces excellent fighters namely Sifu Chris Han (Heintzman). If you have the chance to learn Hop Ga from Sifu Chin you wouldn't be disappointed!!
no matter how many times the ball bounces, there's still no bones in ice cream.
jow yeroc

Postby crazedjustice888 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:59 pm

crazedjustice888

Postby PM » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 pm

Pavel Macek

PM

Postby LanJie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 pm

LanJie

Postby PM » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Pavel Macek

PM