[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
NaamKyun.com Discussion Forum • View topic - Hello

Hello

(first time here? introduce yourself please)

Hello

Postby Stan » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:23 pm

Stan

Postby SyungMo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:46 am

Greetings friend!

Im not much of a forum type of guy but i joined up here as there is, as you mentioned a wealth of knowledge and an atmosphere here that is quite rare.

I grew up in South Buffalo by the way... hope you guys are staying warm out there!
SyungMo

Postby Asmo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:20 am

Asmo

Postby PM » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:14 am

Pavel Macek

PM

Postby TenTigers » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:17 pm

welcome to the board, Stan.
Being from NY, I am familiar with Ting Fong Wong and his brother Ping? Not sure..might be Hing..well, it rhymes with Ting:-)
He was well-known in certain circles as having a "high hand," in Hung and Toy Gar. He was especially known for his iron palm skills and was known to actually drill his finger into a red brick. I personally haven't seen it, but met a gentleman who did, and said it was amazing, and not a stunt.
'My Gung-Fu is MY Gung-Fu. It may not be YOUR Gung-Fu"
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Postby Stan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:29 pm

Stan

Postby PM » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Pavel Macek

PM

Postby TenTigers » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:03 pm

'My Gung-Fu is MY Gung-Fu. It may not be YOUR Gung-Fu"
Gwok Si, Gwok Faht
TenTigers

Postby Si Dei » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 am

:) Hi I'm new here. I am not of any of the Hung styles. However Leong Tin Chee was my Si Tai Jo And his student Prfo Wong Tim Yin was my Si Jo. Porf Wong was at one time the head of the Wong Association in San Francisco. It may have been the Prof. Wong was responsible for recommending Leong Tin Chee to the Wong Association in Toy San.
It is my opinion and according to what I've heard through my Si Fu and other students of Prof Wong that I have met Leong Tin Chee did not teach his style at the Wong association but rather acted more as a coach and That Leong Tin Chee's style was not a combination of Hong & Choy [aka Toy] .
Wayne
P.S. I am also very impressed with the knowledge and depth of historical and metaphorical knowledge expressed on this site.
Porf Wong spoke very little English and my Si Fu did not pass along all lot of the rituals and traditions seen in Chinese kung fu schools and in the 70s kids from the suburbs of the USA were not as interested in the rituals as in learning me art of kung fu itself. So it's nice to learn something of these rituals from you here.[/i]
Si Dei

mistake

Postby Si Dei » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Si Dei

Return to Members Introduction